Thursday, June 27, 2013

Half-Hearted? No Thanks.


The fun things about this outfit:
Dress - $4 Thrifted, Shoes - $8 Thrifted, Belt - $1 Thrifted, Pink Bracelet - $2 Thrifted

I'm pondering the effects of only giving half effort on things today.
Asking myself, what in my life could I be doing better? 
What could I be giving my all to, that I'm only running the motions through?
Where am I half committed? Where is it only about, what's in it for me?

And thinking through what needs to change to make sure 
I don't stay at a place of half-hearted self motivated effort.

Here's the thing, I don't want to be viewed as someone who is only somewhat reliable, somewhat committed, or somewhat passionate. But more so, I don't want to reflect Jesus as only somewhat reliable or somewhat committed. And I'm repping Him. It's a big deal.

Philippians 2:3-5
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus.


P.S. Once again linking up with Faith & Fashion! Check it out! I was spotlighted from last week in today's post.
Fashion & Faith

6 comments:

  1. That is such a cute dress and I love it with the leopard heels!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I've been wearing these heels with everything lately.

      Delete
  2. This was SUCH a good heart check for me today--so thank you for that! :) It's so easy for me to just give part of myself to things and I've been really feeling that with my blog lately. So thank you for that reminder that I need to start giving my all for the things I do now. Especially since we're living our lives for Him, not us.

    p.s. I am in love with all of your thrifting finds! I'm extremely inexperienced when it comes to thrifting (it doesn't help that there aren't really any good thrift stores near me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad this isn't just true for me :)
      We should go thrifting when we meet someday!

      Delete
  3. That is such a nice dress! The print is lovely and the belt is really nice with it :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girl! Funny fact, this dress is totally homemade by someone. The sewing is amature ( I know because that's how I seem y sewing.) And lucky me found it at a thrift shop! SCORE!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips