Tuesday, February 26, 2013

DIY: Blue Shirt







The fun things about today's outfit:
1. Rock & Republic Jeans - Thrifted for $35
2. Scarf - Christmas Gift from my lovely sister and brother-in-law
3. Earings - Thrifted for $1
4. Blue Shirt - Hand made by ME! Check out the DIY instructions below.



DIY Shirt instructions:
1. Pick a stretch fabric that you love. I picked a spandex-ish lace I found for 50% off
2. Get a fabric writing utensil. These come right off with water. I have a white one for dark fabric and a blue one for light fabric.
3. Use a t-shirt you already have as a guide. Cut along pink lines. 
4. Sew along pink lines with about 1/4inch seam allowance. Don't forget to fold under the edges of the sleeves and neckline. The fabric I picked has a sweet, already finished, base so I left it as is. 

Today was a whirlwind. I didn't really do a ton of things but they were all one right after the other and it seemed to go super quickly. I'm excited for the morning to spend some quality time with the high school girls I mentor, reading the Word. I'm also very excited to spend some time with Hannah, my photographer and new friend, thrifting! 50% off Wednesdays, here we come!

Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron,
So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.


Outfit Images by Worlds Apart Photography

7 comments:

  1. Sounds good Marcella.
    I see bloglovin on your page but I don't see GFC. I'll go follow you now. Thanks for following me!
    Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly! I can't believe you made this, that's awesome! So glad you stopped by my blog, I'm definitely excited to follow you deary. :)

    Kristina
    kristina in retroworter

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS SHIRT!!! Make me one, please:) I have a dress I have been meaning to give you thinking you may be able to do something cool with it. If I remember I'll bring it to church tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Bring it! And I'd love to make you this shirt Faith!

      Delete
  4. this shirt fabric is Exactly made for the summer season... perfect summer dress for causal wear..
    http://www.apparelnbags.com/mens-shorts.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the blog post keep sharing with us. Considering the womens leather jacket size chart can definitely get the right size of jacket while doing the shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While cotton is the fastest natural quick-dry textile to dry, polyester is considered the overall fastest fiber. In less than 2 hours, polyester garments can be entirely dry while likewise continuing to be antimicrobial and also antibacterial. quickdry shirt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips