Wednesday, February 27, 2013

DIY: Crate into Chair











The fun things about this project:
1. This crate started as a shipping container for a new piece at a Portland art museum.
2. A friend grabbed it from their trash to make a dog bed out of it. So he cut out one side.
3. I bought the fabric for 70% off because of some legit couponing I did that day.
4. This chair is soooo a cuddle up with a book chair!

DIY Chair instructions:
1. Remove all foam from inside of crate.
2. Paint crate to your desired color.
3. Choose fabric to wrap foam.
4. Wrap the foam with some extra batting between the existing foam 
and your chosen fabric. I would wrap the batting around the entire 
foam so that your edges are nice and clean.
5. I used Gorilla Glue to attach my fabric to the back of the foam. 
That probably wasn't the formal-I'm-a-pro way to do it, 
but it worked for me and it wasn't very messy at all. 
6. Put fabric covered foam back in it's original place. 
Add pillows to dress it up a bit!

You know what I love? I love that we can take random ordinary, and seemingly trashy things and create something new. I love that I will use this chair until it's old and worn down. And even then I might just redo the project with new foam and fabric. I love that an old thing can be used for sweet new purposes that were never envisioned until it hit the hands of someone creative! 

That seems to be true for me also. I was old and worn down. I was headed toward the trash. But Jesus got ahold of my heart. He made me new. And then... He gave me a new purpose; one that I never envisioned for myself until He came into my life!

Jeremiah 29:11-13
 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.


4 comments:

  1. What an AWESOME DIY!! so creative! & Jeremiah 29:11 is my life verse :) It's tattooed on my left wrist as a constant reminder of God's faithfulness!

    -Jenna Brianne
    wearablefunfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! I had fun looking at your blog. Thanks for following me.
      So funny that you used the word "constant" to describe your tattoo. The writing on my left foot means "Constant" and I had it done because I knew God would always be constant. (The funny thing is, that was before I accepted Christ.) He's always pursuing us!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips