Thursday, February 21, 2013

Clothes on the Cheap






I love pairing an over sized sweater with some skinnies or leggings and a comfy scarf. Super cute and cozy to wear all day! I have to laugh a little about this look though. I'm already pretty tall, and to add some lil wedges and a high messy bun makes me tower over people. Sometimes I get people doing double-takes in public when they notice my height.


Ok, here's the fun things about today's outfit. 
1. Scarf - My batting eyelashes swiped this from my mom's closet, never to return again.
2. Sweater - Thrifted for $7 (on the high side in my opinion for a thrift find, 
but I made an exception on account that it's RED)
3. Jeans - Thrifted for $6. I originally bought these to create polka-dot jeans...But I was lazy and used regular paint so it washed off. Until I get the time to recreate the dots with fabric paint, I'll wear them as boring old blue jeans. Below is what they looked like with a little polka in the dot!
 

You know what I'm doing??? A half-marathon!
That's right I'm in training right now for a mid-May 13+mile race. I've never done anything like this before so I'm nervous. Training started a few weeks ago. I'm following a plan that I found on Self Magazine's website.
 
What's cool to me is how training for this race parallels my life. If I train hard and regularly, I can keep building my endurance and stamina. I get better at what I'm doing and can do more as I work harder. But if I slack for a while, I lose momentum and have to start over again to get to the strong place I was in. That is such a sweet example of life. If I'm diligent in my job, then I'm confident and sure in the work I'm doing. If I'm consistently spending time with Jesus, than I see His presence more readily. 

 
Pilippians 3:12-14
Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, 
that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, 
forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are 
ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips