Saturday, February 23, 2013

Green Pants







Fun things about today's outfit:
1. Necklace - Gift from a friend tossing some stuff out. Check out the random mirror on the flip side. Well that will come in handy when I need to powder my nose.
2. Scarf - Christmas gift from my lovely mom over 5 years ago. Funny thing is, I did not like it when she gave it to me, but last year I wore it at least twice a week.
3. Pants - I purchased these white flair leg petite pants form a thrift store. I colored them and skinnied them and poof... love them!
4. Tribal Pattern Shirt - H&M

DIY PANTS: 
Step 1. Soak them in a dye bath. (follow instruction on the package of your dye.)
Step 2. Put pants on inside out and pin along the line you want to sew.
Step 3. Sew them! (Don't forget to cut off extra fabric.)
Step 4. Wear them!

I spent a good chunk of my day today sitting in a coffee shop(in true northwest fashion).  I'm in a small group of 5 ladies who are studying 1 John together. By some series of events I became the facilitator of this particular study. This is quite the humbling role. I jumped right in, reading commentaries and listening to lectures & sermons expecting to gain some great insight to bring to my group. We've met once so far and my time today in the coffee shop was in preparation of our next get together. A friend from church dropped by with her family, who was out on a family bicycle outing and gave me some great insight. She reminded me of how great it is just to read the Bible. We don't need to add a ton to it. In fact we don't need to add anything. It's good at teaching us just as it is and without any of our so called profound insights.
So I changed my approach on facilitating. Keeping it simple and in the word. I'll still study, read, & listen. But I'll slim down the "study guide" to mostly scriptures for my dear friends & I to look up as we study the book ourselves.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Images by Worlds Apart Photography

1 comment:

  1. Love this DIY! I can't wait to tryit out!

    xo
    Caroline

    lovecarolineblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips