Saturday, February 16, 2013

In the Beginning








Well starting off a blog is never easy. What do people say in their first post.
I'd think I'd know how to write a first post by now. I've certainly tried to start a
blog enough times. This will be the one though. I can feel it. A friend who also
loves following fellow bloggers has offered to take my photos for me!
And what do you know, she's actually a working photographer. Did I get lucky?
I'd say so! Be ready readers! This blog will contain daily outfits posts,
the good ol' this-is-my-life type post, and the random photos that make capture both.
But for today...
Yes, in the beginning, there was a sweater. A $3 sweater to be more precise!
And some darling thrifted bangles if I do say so myself!


Today I got together with a group from church and we had a wonderful project to complete! We went to work to assemble about 50 care baskets for our local DHS building. The baskets have a couple toys, coloring books & crayons (pens and notepads for older kids), snacks, drinks, and toothbrush and toothpaste. When children go into DHS and enter the foster care system the social workers will be able to give these to the kids so they have something to call their own, and something to pass the time. Pretty excited to have been able to be part of it.

Images by Worlds Apart Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips