Friday, September 6, 2013

Struttin' It!

The fun thing about this outfit:
Jeans - Old Navy (gift), Heels - Ross, Shirt - Kohls, Stripe Bracelet - Thrifted, Watch - Thrifted

Well I didn't realize it when I was posing (or at least doing my version of what 
people call posing), but I was totally acting like I was just strutting down the street 
and "oh, camera what? camera where? smile! laugh! look natural!" Haha. 
Sometimes us normal people have to just pretend we have paparazzi.

Ok, that sort of makes me think of us girls and our "need" of attention.
I mean what girl out there can honestly say that she doesn't want attention?
But why do we want attention? What sort of attention do we want?
And how exactly are we going about retrieving it?

I think that sometimes we (not just women, but a lot of times women) seek attention because it is what we think defines our worth. When in reality our worth cannot be defined by what any one person or any tons of people think about us, or how much attention they give us. Our identity does not need to be wrapped up in someone elses opinon of us. Our identity can be found in Christ. When I gave my life to him, I am a new person. The life I'm living is not for myself, but for Jesus Christ. So what attention I may seek to receive should be sought for Him, to give Him attention and not myself.

Maybe these, once again, were ramblings. But at least it got my brain working... 
if nothing else.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.
The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, 
but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by 
faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

2 comments:

  1. You are a natural model! Love this neutral outfit! Have a great weekend!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you jazzed up this outfit with some fun accessories! Seriously, those earrings are awesome! :)

    Rachel Emma
    Daydream Frenzy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips