Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sister Saturday - What She Wore






Well folks (yep, that's you) it's time to join forces with my sister. We are both new to this blog world and we figured, "why not." It will probably be a while before we ever join forces with any other bloggers, for the pure fact that we're newbies (wink wink, I'm not opposed to  joining forces someday though). So we're teaming up together for guest posting. And hey, we're sisters who are now actually friends too, so it's fun for us anyways! So each Saturday I'll be posting for her and she'll be posting for me. 

Rachel is the Who's Who over at My Wholesome Home, where she documents her journey to living a more wholesome life. She posts recipes (which I love - because I am just learning to cook), and she'll be posting home decor, organization, and tips and tricks to living organic. I hope you'll check her out. Maybe I'll tell you more about her later, but for now I'll let her tell you about herself.
--------------------------------------------------------
The fun things about today's outfit:
1. Striped Button Up - American Eagle boyfriend shirt thrifted for $5.
2. Boyfriend Cardigan - Mossimo by Target about 6 years ago
3. Jeans - American Eagle original bootcut, 
love that they brought back this fit and it's not a low rise, $30
4. Shoes - American Eagle, Christmas present from Hubby.
5. Jewelry - leather name bracelet with Tinkerbell, Disneyland souvenir from highschool; gold Austrian crystal cross necklace, brought back for me by my brother from his travels while in the Navy.
My day job is in the US Air Force. I love my job, not so much the mandatory daily uniform. My style is very laid back. After wearing a uniform for five days, my weekend wear is all about comfort (though I try to have some class). Unless Hubby is taking me to dinner (rare since we eat exclusively organic), I don't wear heels. My weekends are spent grocery shopping, cleaning, and catching up from the week. This outfit is a staple in my wardrobe. Jeans, flats, and a button up are my go to's. This week has been a bit chillier (it is still March)-thus a sweater-but the thin shirts like this one are ideal in the hot Nevada summers that last most of the year.
I just launched my own blog at My Wholesome Home. This week has been crazy making sure everything posts on time, looks right, and is getting promoted. I can't wait to see how it takes off. I love that Naomi and I have launched our new ventures at the same time. She's been a great help to me while I set up my blog since she started Patterned Love a few weeks earlier. We are so excited to be guest blogging each week! 
What piece of your wardrobe is your number one staple?

--------------------------------------------------------
And with  that dear readers, I'll give you a verse.

Proverbs 18:24
A man who has friends must himself be friendly,
But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

3 comments:

  1. the flats are really cute. thanks for the verse, too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Naomi, I'm a fairly new follower, but I love your blog! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out my blog for the details.
    Inge
    http://thisevolvinglife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips