Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Nerd Alert



The fun things about today's outfit:
1. Sparkle Neck T-Shirt - Thrifted for $3 and glitter-fied by me. 
(Glitter tutorial coming in the next couple weeks)
2. Jeans - Thrifted
3. Boots - Thrifted
4. Sweater - Who knows? College days.
5 Earings - Free & Friends Yard Sale

Have you ever been at a stop light when it turns green and the person at the very front of the line is not paying attention? Then right as the light turns yellow, that wonderfully observant front person finally goes in time for them to get through the light and all of you to get stuck sitting through yet another cycle of reds? Yep...that happened today.

But on a light hearted, uneasily frustrated note: The sun came to visit today. 
It was shining brightly and putting on a show for us to soak it up! 
Oh and you can bet your sweet bippy, I soaked and soaked! 

Now that we've hit the day's note on annoyance, and the note of sunny joy, let's hit the not of random nerd alerts. And all I have to say on that note is this: If only Frodo had Harry Potter's cloak of invisibility, that trip to destroy the ring would have been quick and easy.
Just sayin.

1Peter 2:9-10
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, 
His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him 
who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once 
were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not 
obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

6 comments:

  1. I love your Harry Potter/LOTR reference! hahaha - that invisibility cloak definitely would have been helpful, though I suppose the ring is sort of an invisibility cloak...just with bad side effects.

    Love the glitter-fied tee!

    2ndhand Knowledge: A Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie! :) Glad someone liked my nerdiness!

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog :) I love this outfit! The cardigan is so cute! And I love the picture with you standing on the arrow--it reminds me of Disney's animated Alice in Wonderland for some reason.

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekah! Love it that it reminds you of Disney! Yeah!

      Delete
  3. Pleasantly surprised by your nerdiness :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. With a title like nerd alert I expected more nerdiness in this post. Perhaps I'm too nerdy myself.

    I got your award comment but had about 15 scheduled posts already set up so that's the reason I haven't posted anything about it yet. I hope I didn't have a deadline.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips