Thursday, March 14, 2013

Polka Dots & Forever






The fun things about todays outfit:
1. Boots - Steve Madden (not my cheapest purchase)
2. Bracelets - Thrifted
3. Sweater - Thrifted
4. Polka Dot Button Up - Thrifted and altered by me. Check out the how-to HERE.

As I mentioned yesterday I'm a little scared of button up shirts. So today is ultra risky for me with this added bow. I found the instructions on pinterested and it took me 6 months to find a thrifted shirt to use for this particular DIY. Although the week after I finished the project I found a shirt much more similar to the one in the instructions and was a little bummed because I really like that material better. Oh well. Still a fun DIY.

Aside from todays outfit, I wanted to talk about what I'm reading on Heaven. Seriously guys, why haven't I thought about this more? Don't get me wrong, I'm not racing toward death or anything, like it's the goal. BUT WOW. Seeing Jesus, forever. Being in His presence, forever. Having the perfect relationship we were created to have restored to us, for forever. WOW. Now, that I'd like to race toward! That, my friends, is a great goal! It really makes me think about what I do with my day. Are my choices influenced by my thoughts of forever? Are my relationships? My conversations? My Outfits? My time management? I could go on, but I think you get it.

There's a book called In Light of Eternity by Randy Alcorn. I haven't read it yet but it's on the list as I study eternity. There's a quote on the back that I love.

Then there's this great song Psalm 62 that has a lyric saying,
"Though life is but a fleeting breath, a sigh to brief to measure,
My King has crushed the curse of death, and I am His forever."
"Your life's greatest adventure is ahead of you. And it will last forever."

Psalm 62:8
Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.

8 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! Polka dots are so cute and I love how you revamped your button down!

    xo
    Caroline

    lovecarolineblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how most of this outfit is thrfted! I love what you did with the blouse, and of course love the Madden boots too! -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is awesome that you altered that top! It looks fabulous and I love it with the neckline of that sweater! So chic!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the top turned out, and the way you styled it is super cute!

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts and enthusiasm on heaven and eternity...your excitement is truly contagious and I love it!


    2ndhand Knowledge: A Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie! You've been so encouraging as I'm starting this blog out!!!

      Delete
  5. Will you help me friend. I love your style and your heart for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! What do you want help with? Let's go thrifting together? Or study the Word. I love both of those! I'll chat you up tomorrow at church!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips