Welcome back my sister Rachel, with another scrumptious looking recipe!
I have another recipe for you all today! Since Naomi is just beginning to cook
(and at the moment doesn't have a full kitchen), I'm bringing you one of my faves on the easy and quick scale. First, if you don't have a crockpot (aka slow cooker)-GET ONE!
They're amazing! Throw everything in and let it sit all day, come home-dinner's done.
One of the best inventions ever in my opinion. So here's the recipe:
1-2 pounds stew beef (you can usually find pre-cut at the store, but any steak meat is fine)
4-5 red potatoes or 3 russet potatoes
1 large carrot
1 celery stalk
1 garlic clove
2 cups beef broth
2-3 cups water
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
Total Prep time: 15-20 minutes
1. Cut the beef. Even though I usually buy mine pre-cut, it's a bit larger than bite-size.
2. Mix the flour and spices. Throw this and the beef in crockpot and stir till beef is completely coated.
3. Chop your veggies. I usually use red potatoes, so I don't bother peeling them. Russett potatoes skins are thicker so you may want to peel them first. You can also use more veggies than this. This combo is what I've found makes a good meat to veggie proportion for my tastes. Add the veggies as they're sliced.
4. Stir up beef and veggies to mix and get seasoning mix throughout.
5. Add the beef broth. Add enough water to be 1-2 inches above the beef and veggies.
6. Turn on crockpot and leave! If you're home, stir every so often-if you won't be home, don't worry about I. Cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 4-6 hours. Enjoy!
Tip: If you want to do all the prep work the night before,
the morning of will be even quicker-dump and turn on.