Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Sweet Smell


The fun things about this outfit:
Tank - Hand-Me-Down, Shoes - Ross, Pants - Banana Republic (before my thrifty days)
Necklace - Hand Made, Large Bangle - Free

So, I don't think I'm quite back in the swing of things yet, after being gone for a week.
I feel like I'm doing things at weird times, or like I should be doing something else.

It's always weird to jump back into "life as you knew it" pre-vaca.
I will say this for myself though. I cleaned my house from top to bottom yesterday.
Pretty pumped to come home today to this sparkling gem. 
(Ok, it's a basement, but let's be positive here!)

Also, I'm realizing that even if I'd paid over the moon monies for these wedges, it would be worth it.I have worn them pretty much 3x a week since I bought them. So, I'm just sayin...
It makes the $20 price tag look Aw-mazing!

I thought I'd share the below verse with you because for some reason I've come back to it several times over the past week.

You know that thing people do when they walk into a room and it smells so incredibly amazing that they have to pause. They literally tilt their chin up, and take a big nose filled inhale, followed by a gust of wind exhale. 

Can you imagine that being someones reaction when they interact with you? 
They are so taken-aback by the amazing feeling when they're around you.
They want to engage in conversation. They want to become friends!

What a magnificent charge to be called to! To give off the fragrance of God.

I wonder how I do at this each day?

Ephesians 5:1-2
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

2 Corinthians 2:14
But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips