Monday, April 1, 2013

What I Wore: Easter Edition


The fun things about this Easter outfit:
1. Lace Dress - MADE BY ME! Yep, one of those rare times I used a pattern, too!
2. Sweater - Marshals
3. Belt - Thrifted for $1 (real leather)
4. Necklace - Thrifted for $1
5. Cream/Gold Bracelet - Thrifted for $2
6. Shoes - ShoeCafe24

I'm pretty excited that I made this dress! I'm really bad at using patterns. 
So most things I make from scratch are just me winging it. But this one... I actually used 
a pattern. Correctly! I'm not sure which is more impressive, but I think patterns are hard! 
I really wanted to wear heels with this outfit, but because it was a Sunday I didn't. 
My church isn't against heels or anything but I'm already almost 6ft tall and I tend to 
sit pretty close to the front and center. I don't want to get in people's way while their 
trying to see the lyrics to the music while we're standing. 
So I tend to not wear heels to church.

Easter family time after church turned into an interesting afternoon. One of my brothers had to have an emergency appendectomy. So we all headed over there before surgery, rushed to go get lunch and then my parents headed back over after his recovery. So goes life. Unpredictable and amazing. 

I can't post about Easter though without saying "He is Risen!"
I love those words! Music to my ears. 

Colossians 3:1-4
If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, 
where Christ is,seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on 
things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

10 comments:

  1. Great Easter dress! So impressed that you made it, although I shouldn't be, since I've seen everything else you can make.
    Happy Easter and He is Risen Indeed!

    xo
    Caroline

    lovecarolineblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress - great job! I love how you styled it, too.

    2ndhand Knowledge: A Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you did an amazing job! I'm impressed :)
    Glad your brother's alright, that must've been pretty crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristina!
      It was quite the afternoon.

      Delete
  4. That dress is so pretty. That's awesome that you made it!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect Easter-y outfit! Soooo impressed that you made that dress! You go Glen Coco:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips