Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Foundation Wisdom from Marissa



I want to introduce you all to my friend Marissa over at Confessions of a Makeup Hoarder
We've been having fun getting to know each other this month. Her blog focuses on Make Up, 
as you may have guessed by the name of her blog. I'm not the best at this topic.
I hardly know anything about the ins and outs of the cosmetic world. So I've asked Marissa to 
share her wisdom on the foundation of makeup...AKA foundation! Take it away:

Thanks Naomi for letting me share today. I know when looking for a foundation it can be a little overwhelming. There are tinted moisturizers, bb cream, liquid foundation, powder foundation and today I’m here to break it down for you and hopefully help you narrow down what kind of products are right for you.

Tinted moisturizer- This is a light coverage, multitasking product. This is best if you are looking for minimal coverage.

Liquid Foundation- The coverage of foundation can go from light to full depending on the formulation.  If you are oily it’s best to look for a foundation that is oil free. Also if you are planning on taking pictures make sure your foundation either has a low spf or none at all or else you have a white cast on your face.

Powder foundations: Like liquid foundation powders can range in the coverage they offer.  Powder foundation is best for normal to oily skin because it tends to cling to dry patches. You can also layer powder over liquid foundation for a more full coverage look, but be careful because this can look cakey so I would recommend using a light coverage powder such as Revlon Nearly Naked or Mac’s Mineralized Skin Finish.

2 comments:

  1. This was actually so informational! I've tried all of these but my skin is quite the mixed bag so I really have trouble finding a good combination. I'm now currently using a light mousse foundation with a powder, but I'm experiencing the caking problem around my dry spots so I may need to cut back to a really light powder like you guys suggested!!

    Also, I have a $50 beauty giftcard giveaway going on at the moment if you'd like to enter :)

    ~Jacy

    www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Thank you so much for visiting/following my blog! I know nothing about beauty/cosmetics either haha, so thank you for sharing this information:)! I'm following you back on GFC & Bloglovin:)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips