Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pops of Color


The fun things about this outfit:
1. Jacket - Charlotte Russe 2005
2. Scarf - DIY (created from a $5 walmart sweatshirt)
3. Shoes & T-shirt - Target
4. Skirt - H&M
5. Earrings - Yard Sale
6. Bracelet - Thrifted

Side note: ONLY my bracelet is thrifted....big deal people.

So this outfit has a punch of spring in it, wouldn't ya say? I would! I love this skirt! 
I've been wanting to put some color in my outfits lately. Not that I don't use color, 
but I've kind of been thinking of how to make it new. 

You know how when you look at your wardrobe tooooo long it becomes a big blog? That moment when people say to themselves, "I have nothing to wear." I try never to say that, because let's face it I have plenty to wear. And needless to say, that most people say that mistakenly, because they really mean, "I have nothing new and trendy and standout to show off." (even if it's just showing off in the mirror to ourselves.) I suppose on that rare, once in a million moment that we accidentally dropped our entire closet in a mud-slim space continuum, we could actually say we have nothing to wear. But come on... who has that actually happened to more than once?

Ok, now that my strange ramblings are going nowhere, I better get back to my day. Which in the next 5 minutes will absolutely include T-Bell food!

James 2: 14-17
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? 
Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in 
daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” 
without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? 
So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

3 comments:

  1. I love the color of that scarf - so pretty!

    2ndhand Knowledge: A Style Blog (New and Improved!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie! Going to follow the new link today

      Delete
  2. I love all of the colors in this outfit, Naomi! :)
    I hate that silly feeling of "I have nothing to wear," because I don't think it's ever been true in my whole life.

    Oh, and so cool that you made your scarf out of a sweatshirt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips