Monday, July 14, 2014

The NEW Song that Never Ends



Fun things: I did a couple DIY refashions this weekend.
1. The flair white jeans I skinnied last summer... now shorts.
2. The long sleeve I haven't worn since 2009... now a tank.

Maybe you've already seen these photos, 
but if not don't forget to follow on instagram @patternedlove

As elementary, middle, and high schools let out in mid June, 
drivers everywhere stopped having pity parties and started having dance parties 
in their cars as they did NOT have to drive 20mph anymore for some ridiculous 
length before and after the school grounds when they're already late to work.

And with these series of events, adults everywhere start seeing youngsters 
in stores, on sidewalks, and in coffee shops in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY. 
To some adults it's annoying, but in my opinion this makes for many 
wonderful people watching experiences (in a totally NON-creeper-ish way).

As I checked the mail a few weeks back, I paused to thumb through 
and find anything that anyone might possible have sent for me. 
Nothing... but what's this? A faint voice in the wind?

Yes, the neighbor boy...
What's that? Is he singing?
Yes! That is without-a-doubt a little 7(ish) year old singing at the top of his lungs.
But wait... what is that lyric I hear?

He has made up a new and original song 
that for the past 5 WEEKS has not left me alone... 
it echos over and over and over in my increasingly annoyed, 
but initially laughing mind.

"IT'S SUMMER!
I'M GUNNA DO WHATEVER I WAaaaaaNT!"
"IT'S SUMMER!
I'M GUNNA DO WHATEVER I WAaaaaaNT!"
"IT'S SUMMER!
I'M GUNNA DO WHATEVER I WAaaaaaNT!"
"IT'S SUMMER!
I'M GUNNA DO WHATEVER I WAaaaaaNT!"

There is a strange tune. He made it up... It wont leave me alone.
I cracked up at first. In fact, I literally laughed out loud 
as I went inside chanting with him. 
But at this point, it's officially an anthem in my head that wont stop.

So currently the only appropriate actions is clearly 
to choreograph an entire dance number 
and enter as an act in an upcoming talent show!

Psalm 108:3-4
I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to you among the nations.
For your steadfast love is great above the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha--this reminds me of one of my little sisters, who used to invent ballads about whatever was happening in her life. Sometimes they were happy, more often they were tragic ballads about how she got in trouble all the time and was so misunderstood and Mom was so mean (she was like 3 or 4 at the time--us older siblings found it hilarious!)

    Nice, and summer-appropriate, refashions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um please video that dance and send it to me....seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips