Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tasty Tuesdays: Sundried Tomato & Pesto Chicken Sandwich


Welcome to Tasty Tuesday. 

Sometimes I just need a quick bite and not a whole turn upside 
down every pan in the kitchen type of meal. 
And I am a little bit of a sandwich lover too... 
So this here meal... just happened one day.

Disclaimer: I didn't snag a photo of the finished closed sandwich 
because my taste buds just couldn't wait any longer. Sorry folks.

Ingredients: 
Baguette Bread

Pesto (I used Basil Pesto from Costco)

Sun Dried Tomatoes (you'll need the oil inside the jar too)

Cream Cheese

Cooked Chicken (I just salt & peppered mine)

Directions:
Cut your baguette sandwich style.
Remove about 8-12 pieces of sun dried tomato from the jar and dice them up. 
Dump those in with the cream cheese and add a little of the oil from the sun dried
tomato jar. I only had enough cream cheese for this left in my tub so I just used it to mix.
Mix well.

Drizzle (love that word) some of the oils from the tomato's onto your 
bread and put that in the oven to lightly toast it while you slice your chicken.
(don't forget or it will be much more than toasted.)

Once your chicken is sliced remove your bread, if you haven't already, from the oven.
On one side of your bread spread your cream cheese/tomato mix.
On the other side, spread your pesto.
Top one with your sliced chicken and close your sandwich.

Put that back in the oven for a short time just to toast it all together.

I hope you all enjoy!

Hebrews 4:14-16
Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, 
the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest
who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect
has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to
the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, this looks REALLY good! I'm definitely going to try this sometime!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips