Thursday, July 31, 2014

Snail Mail Never Fail


Remember the day's way back when you were 10 years old and your friend 
sent you an invitation to her birthday party and the envelope was full of 
confetti and sparkles filling the beautiful card. 

Or your pen pall from the summer camp you went to, 
wrapped a single dollar in their letter and told you to catch the ice cream man 
next time you hear that faint glorious music coming down the street.

Or the week before your birthday when all the out of town grandparents 
and aunts and uncles would start sending well wishes your way.

and so it goes went...

As your mom brought in the mail, you watched her flip through. 
As she pulled out a pink envelope and called your name out, 
you jumped off the couch and snatched it out of her hand. 
Jetting to your room, you flopped on your bed and started kicking your legs 
back and forth in the air as you gently quickly tore open the envelope.

Oh the good ol' days! 

Snail Mail totally never fails to excite me.
(minus the being an adult and getting credit card offers every week.)

Even more than receiving, I love to send snail mail.
So if I'm ever praying for someone or wanting to check in with someone and hopefully
encourage them, who better to trust to deliver your note, than jolly ol' USPS.

Something I've found myself doing this year is praying through our church directory. 
I don't always know what's going on in people's lives, but there's always something to 
pray for people over. So when someone comes up, and I pray, I try to send a note too. 
At the end I almost always sign off with "John 16:33" which became a verse 
I turn to often from the very beginning of my relationship with Jesus. 

I was given a great deal at Tiny Prints recently and couldn't pass it up.
This website is so much fun, too! I found a card I love and got to personalize it.
What else could I do, but put my trusty encouragement verse on there!

I love how they turned out, and am already using them!

Galatians 5:13
For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips