Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tasty Tuesday - Parmesan Meatballs

Well, here it is people! The first Tasty Tuesday.

Bloggers seem like they always have all these fun labels for what they post 
on what day they post it... I'm not going to lie, it took me longer than it 
should have to come up with that there alliteration. Oh well, I'm new at this. 

But enough nonsense, let me tell you about these delish meatballs, 
that I concocted the other day and immediately fell in love with!

Disclaimer: I'm really bad at measuring things when I'm making it up as I go.
For all of you who need measurements... I'm sorry! Now's your chance to learn to wing it!

Ingredients: 
1 pound Ground Italian Sausage
(I used 2 pounds because it was for lots of people, 
so keep that in mind when looking at the photos)

1 large egg (per pound of meat)

Chopped Spinach (I did half a bag)

1-2 Shredded Carrots (your discretion of quantity)

Healthy amount of Black Pepper, Salt, and Parsley flakes.

Generous helping of Parmesan Cheese
(Can't forget the cheese... this makes it!)

Old Fashioned Oats
(I always error on not enough and add more if needed after mixing)

Directions:
I always begin with the egg. Crack it, dump it, move on.
Put all ingredients in bowl over the eggs.
After all items are in the bowl, it's time to roll up your sleeves. 
Dig your hands in there and start mixing. If you're afraid of a mess, I guess
you could use a spoon or fork or something, but it wont be quite the same.
Once everything is well mixed, get your scoop out and start a-scoopin.
At this point I've lined my cookie sheets with parchment paper so there's less
clean up at the end. Space the meatballs about 1 inch apart. 
After I have them scooped out I roll them into more even balls by hand.
They aren't cookies, so they don't need a lot of room to spread out. 
I baked these at 425 degrees for 1 hour. Obviously that will vary based on the oven.

I hope you all enjoy!

2 Corinthians 10: 17-18
 “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” For it is not the one who 
commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.

2 comments:

  1. That is my kind of recipe! :) every ingredient added to taste! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. That's how I role!
      Although I've been thinking if I'm going to start posting recipes, I should probably give at least a suggestion to people who really need guidelines.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips